One of simplest tools to get a child’s imagination going is a stencil. We have created several stencils in our Silhouette and DigiPlayground stores that will delight your child. The cut out VERY quickly and you can use them over and over again.
Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- We recommend using a thicker paper so your stencil lasts for a long time.
- Color pencils, crayons, and markers all work great with these stencils!
- Use a brush and paint or even finger paint.
- Put down a layer of glue on the stencil. Pull the stencil up and add glitter.
- Use these in the car on long road trips or at church as a quiet activity.
It is surprising that this activity was as fun for the 12 year olds as the 3 year old. Maybe even more so since the big kids spent all of their time building full landscapes with the stencils. So cute!
Really, when it comes to using your imagination, these are the best!
Have fun coloring!