We’ve put together a sweet little town for your kids to play with! The town is pretty easy to put together with lots of flat, layered objects (like cars and people) and fun vintage pieces like our houses. Everything is chunky, vintage, homemade, and SO fun!
The whole MiniLou Town can be found on the Silhouette website HERE, and Digiplayground website HERE.
We’ve put together a tutorial on one of the houses to help you see how these go together.
1. Cut out the svg files. The sides and bottom I cut out in kraft paper, the front and side facades in this darling floral print, the doors, windows, and eaves in white, and the roof in pink.
2. Begin with the front piece. Glue the facade piece to the kraft paper front piece. The double layer will help keep the house stable.
3. Glue the window frames and door in the appropriate place.
4. Take the eave pieces and glue them one on top of the other so the crease and indents match each other. The biggest one goes on the bottom.
5. To attach the eave pieces to the front, slide the tabs into the slits and glue the tabs on the back side.
6. The front piece should look like this:
8. For the side pieces, glue the side facade piece to the side kraft paper piece.
7. Now, to attach the whole house together, take the front, back, bottom, and sides and glue each piece to the tabs on the bottom piece. The tabs for the front and back have gaps for the doors, unlike the side tabs.
8. To attach the sides and front together, glue the tabs on the side piece to the front piece. Do this for all the sides so it looks like a box.
9. For the roof, stack each piece on top of one another, with the biggest on the bottom and glue them together so the creases and indents line up.
10. To attach the roof, start by gluing one side of the roof piece onto the tabs. Repeat with the other side, making sure the creases line up with the point of the side pieces.
You’ve got a house for your MiniLou playmates now! Don’t forget to make the rest of the town! There are so many great pieces in this Little Town!