If you’re stuck inside all day because it’s cold outside, we have the perfect solution! Paper Bag Puppets! They are fun for kids to make and be creative with. Kids can play together with them or put on their own puppet show. We have some fun animals, like a frog, cat and elephant, as well as a princess and fairy. The peacock, the one we used for this tutorial, is one of our favorites! There are so many possibilities for our paper bag puppets. We hope your kids have fun using their imagination to give life to these puppets!
You can find these at our shop at Silhouette or Digiplayground.
1. Cut out all svg files. I cut out the body, face, and main feather piece in a fun blue scrapbook paper, beak in orange, eyes in black, mouth in white, and feathers in green and blue. You’ll also need a 10 inch by 5 inch paper bag.
2. Start by hot gluing the body piece and face piece to the paper bag.
3. Take the mouth pieces and glue them inside the fold of the paper bag.
4. Once you have the body and mouth, take the eyes and beak and glue them onto the face piece.
5. Now you’re ready to start the feathers. Take the individual feathers, pop dot and attach them to the main feather piece.
6. Next, take the circle pieces, pop dot and attach them to the individual feathers.
7. After you are done with the feathers, turn the paper bag over, and glue the front feathers to the back of the bag, so you can see the feathers from the front of the puppet.
That’s it! Easy to put together and endless possibilities for creativity. Make all of the puppets and do a show!